The past few months have really shown the importance of coming together and supporting one another. As a business we are still trying to navigate through these tough times and learn how we can be better. If COVID-19 has taught us anything about how to overcome our socio-environmental challenges, it is that each one of us needs to take ownership of our future.
As a company we are excited to present new initiatives in transparency and sustainability. We have formed a dedicated team to spearhead our company’s sustainability goals and objectives, which will work to continually improve our business and environment.
Each of us is an integral part of the bigger picture, and through our combined efforts, we can make a difference together. That is why we ask that each one of you sign our sustainability pledge to ensure that future generations have the same opportunities we have today. We know that these initiatives are scratching the surface on this issue in our industry, but hopefully they bring awareness and urgency to our company to do more.
By signing the pledge, you are agreeing to:
- Reduce your waste – Be conscious of your trash and think about what you can reuse.
- Avoid unnecessary excess- Buy in bulk and eliminate unnecessary orders, consolidate what and where you can including packages to and from factories and customers, and limit overnight shipping usage through FedEx.
- Reduce, Reuse, recycle paper-Print only when necessary, double sided, and reuse single-sided pages.
- Go digital- instead of printing, distribute all memos, reports, and timesheet electronically.
- BYO Bottle & Mug- instead of bringing plastic bottles and single use coffee cups.
- BYO Reusable food containers & Cutlery- instead on using single use containers and cutlery.
To sign the pledge, please reply to this email with your first and last name.
Also, please look out for additional emails regarding sustainable practices as we continue to implement new initiatives. We will be sending out weekly educational materials on sustainability and encourage the office to share any videos, articles, podcasts, etc. that you feel the company would benefit from.
Thank you for your time and attention. We look forward to having you all on board as we move into this important and new phase for our company.
The Reunited Sustainability Team